Servica Plate in Ontario anyone know

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i tryed searching but couldnt find the info that i was exactly looking the best web site that i found was this one

http://www.omvic.on.ca/pdf/Dealer plates.pdf

but still didnt answer the question .. im wondering can a service plate by obtained if you are not running a business, like lets say you own like 10 cars how can you move them some ( eg. from your place to say buddys place or for a car wash, tinting window car show etc ) what you do ? call insurance company insure singe vehicle for a day then cancel it, i have done this in the past, so i get kicked of my insurance policy as i m changing car to often so whats the solution here ? i do not wont to run a business or be a dealer so how can i obtain a service does any one have any suggestions to my problem ?

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Boris,
You have two options that are legal, excluding the use of a tow truck.

1. 15 day transit sticker

2. Become a "dealer", it's the only way they will issue a dealer plate.

My brother owns a large dealership (3 store chain now), so I have some insight.

-Chris

well for a dealer plate i would need to have a car lot , run a business in order to get a dealer plate ? i couldnt apply for dealer plate with out having a business ? and those 15 day stickers you can only get 4 per year per car which is not enough, so you are saying there is no way to get a service plate (yellow) or the dealer plate

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Yes. Not without some odd loophole. They are a business plate and not for the convenience of the average guy.

I think mechanics can get one as well. But really you should be talking to MOT and not asking on a forum. Get the true answer straight from the source. They may be able to help you there.

-Chris

how about this, if i was to use friends dealer/business number for the insurance so that i could get my own insurance and get the plate, the insurance company only asks for your dealer/business number but if i get it under my name and use my friends number would this work ?

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Why do you insist in breaking the law?

There is a mechanism and procedure to follow. Do that and nothing else. Certainly you can do anything you want. But by breaking the law, you insurance will be obtained under false pretenses and be null and void. You wasted money and broke the law at the same time.

Again, contact the government (MOT) and find out exactly what they require. Asking on a forum is not going to get you a completely accurate answer. I don't know why you are even asking a question like this on an audio electronics forum.

Call the Ontario MOT main offices. Look that up on the internet for their 1 (800) number. They may even have everything on their web. Instructions, forms - everything.

-Chris

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.