Alps RK27112 10K Motorized Blue Velvet Volume Pot

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'd like to start off by admitting that I know doodly squat about building electronics components. I consider myself an avid music listener and amateur audiophile but that's about it. That said, I own a Joule Electra LA-200 tube pre-amp and one of the motorized volume pots went bad and I'm too cheap to send it in for repairs. I purchased two new Alps RK27112 10K Motorized Blue Velvet Volume Pots and now , like George Bush, I think I'm a little in over my head. I wired the motor and it appears to be working OK but I'm not sure about the volume controls. There are six contacts on the pot and three wires to connect (red,black and blue). I assume they are different gain settings but it could also be that I have the wrong pot. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

http://sound.westhost.com/pots.htm

Have a good look at Fig 5 and the text above it. Also look at the wiring on the pot still in place as that will give guidence for the colours.... in, out, ground.

Usually pots are wired (looking from the front with the shaft poking you in the eye and the pins down putting holes in your hands), left pin is ground, centre pin is signal out out (wiper) and right pin is signal in.

For a single channel you will only use one row of 3, front or back, it doesn't matter. These are set up for stereo so 1 channel per row.

raghoser said:
I'd like to start off by admitting that I know doodly squat about building electronics components. I consider myself an avid music listener and amateur audiophile but that's about it. That said, I own a Joule Electra LA-200 tube pre-amp and one of the motorized volume pots went bad and I'm too cheap to send it in for repairs. I purchased two new Alps RK27112 10K Motorized Blue Velvet Volume Pots and now , like George Bush, I think I'm a little in over my head. I wired the motor and it appears to be working OK but I'm not sure about the volume controls. There are six contacts on the pot and three wires to connect (red,black and blue). I assume they are different gain settings but it could also be that I have the wrong pot. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Is the store available online

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.