Question about Denon DCD-3000

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi:

I am replacing second laser pickup KSS-240A for this player and unfortunatelly I keep receiving some errors sporadically. This time I am getting E3 in Heat Run mode which according to the service manual means "no synchronous pattern can be detected while in play mode (no GFS drive)". Could somebody explain me what this means ? With the first KSS-240A replacement I was receiving an error when I did the first of the two self-tests (automatic focus gain adjustment) while the second test (automatic tracking gain adjustment) passed successfully (I did get EE error message on the display only with the first test). When I play CDs after the second pickup replacement the CDs always plays but then skips from time to time. After the first pickup replacement the CDs never skipped but many times the pickup failed to read the table of contents. I am starting to think that the problem is not in the laser pickup but in the intergated digital/servo processor CDX2515Q. Any ideas ?

thanks,
Dimitar

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.