Recommended reading

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Can I hold a quick straw poll in sight of a moderator?

What do we think to adding a "Recommended Reading" section in "Everything Else"?

My thoughts were that forum members could post their recommendations for a variety of books (each in a new thread with the book title as the thread title) and we could discuss as appropriate.

I have mixed motives for this:

1) I have to recommend "Audio Power Amplifier Design Handbook" by Douglas Self - an excellent book for anyone wanting to learn more about distortion mechanisms in amplifiers.

2) I want to know what everyone is reading! Specifically, I want to buy some books, but would prefer to buy something that is recommended by a fellow forum member.

Hopefully these threads will spark more debate and help share knowledge.

General guidance for first posts in this sections might be along the lines of:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thread title: BOOK | PAPER: <Book title> | <Paper title> - <Author 1>[, <Author 2>]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thread contents:
Subject: <Brief description of the book/paper contents (possibly taken from the synopsis, etc)>
Content: <Rating of the technical content of the book/paper, out of 10>
Readability: <Rating of the readability of the book/paper, out of 10>
Comments: <What did you think of the book? Which sections did you find particularly useful? etc...>

There might also be a request system, whereby forum members can request book/paper recommendations on a given subject.

What do we think?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.