FC or FM

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
so im wondering why it "seems" as though Panasonics FC capacitors are more popular then the FM's among DIYers?
Looking at the data sheets it seems as though the fm's pretty beat the fc's in every aspect by a little, unless im missing something.
Do the fc's just sound better then the fm's or what? opinions...?
I also noticed that places charge more for the FC's even though the FM's are a much smaller package volt to volt, uf to uf. So i wonder if its just the desire the DIYers have for them that companies boost cost to make a little more or all specs aside the fc's are better?

Mostly I think it's that you really have to design around FMs from the start, due to the lack of available value/voltage/size combinations. Compared to FC, the selection is pretty dismal. It's generally difficult to take an existing design/board and tack FMs in where FCs were designed, since the values will probably not be available. They're harder to get and there are less values, so they get less used.

That's about it. I use FMs whenever possible.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.