Para-Magnetic Current Amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Obfuscation

To me it seems just an amplifier with an output resistance of, say, 4 ohm. Of course, the frequency response will just change depending on the actual speaker impedance at a certain frequency.
This can be accomplished by inserting a 4 ohm resistor in series with the output, or by a combination of voltage and current feedback. The latter solution has lower losses (dissipation).
I admit that this simple solution does not completely explain the shown graphs (see Measures on their site). At low frequencies (from 20Hz), the output impedance differs from the impedance at 1kHz, but in strange way. With 3 ohm load the output impedance is rather low at 20Hz, while with 36 ohm load it is rather high at the same 20Hz.

Steven

patent GB224...

I think this is the patent?
GB2241621
An amplifier which drives reactive loads and in particular loudspeakers in a more efficient and effectively linear manner than previous amplifiers. An amplifier which does not clip the voltage output under conditions of normal drive or over drive from the input signal. (see fig. 9).
From this amplifier an output current proportional to the input signal is produced across the load and the output voltage is seen as a result of the load's impedance and emf. This voltage being available for feedback against the incoming signal; thus scaling the output current with respect to the impedance and emf of the load. This enables linear power driving of electrically and electromechanically reactive and or linear loads. (see fig.7). An amplifier where the damping current flowing through both the devices is inversely proportional to the output current drive and that maximum damping is provided in the static position where the output impedance equals the load impedance for maximum power transfer from this position. (see fig. 8).

Also might want to check meidy Audio

Regards
James

I think the Meidy is the same amp, but made by a different firma.

Some more info:

The input signal arrives to a couple resistor. Then goes once to the internal cable and to its terminating resistor and goes once to the volume level potentiometer (ALPS „Blue Velvet”) sliding contact pin. The potentiometer connected as a two pole, the other pin grounds the signal, the third pin left floating. From the internal cable teminating resistor, the signal goes to the base of a low noise bipolar transistor. The volume level potentiometer has two functions:

O.K. Now it's getting clearer. There is still active device in the signal pass.
I am afraid that the "mystic" and the "pathos" was bigger around this amp than the real technical invention. It remind me to the Pathos acoustic's famous Inpol theory..... I mean: a simple and well known technology was transcribe with heavy "new looking" technical text.

Tyimo

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.