Musical Fidelity A3 integrated, loose vol knob

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
My a3 integrated has a loose volume knob it tends to rock up and down at around 9 oclock and does so all the way to about 4 oclock on the knob. I opened up the inside and noticed a white plastic sleeve visible on the inside where the shaft goes through, that sleeves remains stationary. There appears to be some play between the shaft and that sleeve. I also noticed a little allen bolt on the shaft but I don't think it has nothing to do with this its already tightly screwed in. Should I get a small allen wrench to twist and tighten the white sleeve? Anyone have any experience with the a3 ?

www.hifisonix.com
Joined 2003
Paid Member
I hate to stir it up but someone should talk to MF about their build quality.

I was in BIC Camera here in Tokyo a few weeks ago just looking around in the the Hi Fi section and came across some MF stuff.

I reached for the volume knob on the MF product (I think it was an A3 BTW) . . . and it came off in my hand.

Antony Michaelson, where are you?

lol your kidding right? I'm surprised , I really think the built quality of the A3 is top notch, all i've really heard about with MF is the issue with the volume knob which i'm experiencing. Ah, I wish I had a digital camera at least I could take pictures, will try to get a hold of one...

Perhaps there are more than one hex grub screw holding the shaft in position, staggered at 180 deg.I have to agree with Bonsai on the build quality and just general sloppy engineering. I own a P3 preamp and a quite rare P140X power amp, the (X) denoted the rack mount version I think.
Mister Antony seemed to use a different type of maths when he designed the thermal part of his designs, often resulting in greatly underrated heat sinks.

Found the solution , problem fixed! The remote slides into a plastic white hub , there was some looseness between the remote and the hub so what I did, I removed the remote completely cut a piece of scotch tape and attached it around the remote, put it back in and there you go its as steady as ever!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.