PCB layout of audio controller with PGA2310

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi
I'm planning to build a volume control with input selector into an individual casing including PS with remote control. Does anyone have PCB layout of it preferably with a PGA2310 IC? Or any diy kits recomended?

I've found this link http://www.rotgradpsi.de/mc/amp51/amp51puree.html which looks like what I'm refering to but a bit "advanced".

As I'm quite a beginner in electronics (only diyed some flashing leds & a 70w mosfet amp) I really need some help here. Maybe someone can provide me a partlist and pcb layout? :rolleyes:

ideal specs.:

- using PGA2310
- 2 channel
- 4~6 input selection
- volume control with rotary encoder
- mute
- RF remote control
- individual pcb for each function(modular concept)

Thanks in advanced

Updates on my Aleph 2: Still sorting for parts. Pcb layout done on graph paper. Still learning how to use CircuitMaker 2000 and trying to transfer my layout to TraxMaker. Anyone know how to take off the values of components after inserted into TraxMaker? I don't wish the component values to be printed together with the footprints. Or I should start another thread on this? :idea:

Looks like Jens is not using PGA2310. Digital is a total alien to me... so the microcontroller is the part that I need help most. Is there any drop-ins that can replace it? I'm hoping that some kind-hearted ones can provide me or point a link to a simpler schematic that looks like this but with a PGA2310 and maybe a pre-programmed controller. :cool:
http://digilander.libero.it/paeng/css3310_Full_Schematic_Enlargement.htm

As mentioned before:

- PGA2310
- 2 channels
- 4 inputs
- mute
- digital encoder

To make things easier and simpler for me to understand:rolleyes:, forget about the remote 1st (maybe input selection and digital encoder too). Just leave space for them or in another schematic will be nice.:D something like this
http://www.web-ee.com/Schematics/Digital Knobs/Dig_Knobs.gif
btw is this (above link) the easiest way to use a digital encoder with PGA2310 and its controller?:confused:

Looks like my threads are only questions and problems that need help and not contributing any knowledge to the forum...:( hopefully replys to my thread will bring some knowledgeable information to some people out there like me.:goodbad:
A million thanks to all and diyaudio.com
I've learn alot here!:nod:

I am interested!
I´m not really into assembler, but i played around with some PICs and i think it should be possible. I´m sure there are some people out whio already made programms fpr Pics controlling the PGA, maybe someone is willing to share the code so we could learn from his work.

What i did until no is: got some PGA2310 and 2311 as sample, got about 20Pics as samples, built a programmer for the PICs, build a experimental board for PIC16F876, connect the rotary encoder and a LCD to the pic. I bought very cheap 20 of these:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=148292
(0,45€each)
and some 2*16LCD for 7€ each.

Would be fine to use a fluorecence display, but i don´t know how to glue it to the PIC:
http://www.pollin.de/productgfx/10/01/02/G120120.jpg

I want to built it so that PGA2310 or a relais board could be used alternatively.

Hey Mark,
of corse i know you site. I check it frequently because :

This might change at some point in the future... Eventually I'll get a chance to work on the programming guide in the PIC section of this site. When that happens, a lot of the routines that I have written for this project will be detailed there (things like time delays, LCD stuff - writing words, scrolling text, defining UDC's, making bargraphs, etc)

i hope your pic section starts growing and i will be able to understand the code for the pic.

Hi Guys,

Have you seen this thread?

The system consists of three boards.

1) The front panel (display, encoder, IR, RS232, I2C) board
2) Input select board (two required for 4 inputs, four for 8 inputs)
3) Volume control board (one for single ended only, two for balanced). The first version is a series attenuator with 24 steps.

We plan on doing a PGA2310 based board next. The same input and front panel boards will be used.

If you have interest, we are planning on selling as a kit with full documentation available at www.dipchipelec.com

Best Regards,

Dale

Attachments

• front.jpg
    front.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 1,900
If you descide to publish and make a kind of open source project i would like to build some compatible hardware by myshelf and may descide to buy components like relais board etc. at the point to make it a real audio device. Now i want to play and prototype to learn how things work. Later i may build a device that integrates Nelsons aktive XO, a preamp and a MC controlled multichannel volume controll with ability to adapt Speakers of different effiviency. For me the aim is not in first order to posses an audio device - its more the process of build something and learn on it.

APOX is open

Till,

We would be happy if you would like to design something for the APOX family of boards. The only requirement of your board is to have I2C compatiblity. We will even be willing to sell your board on our web site, if you don't already have a business started.

For the I2C commands, the format is very simple
we send three bytes
[ADDRESS][COMMAND][DATA]

If you finished a board, we could easily add your commands into our source code.

Thanks,
Craig Beiferman

I wait for mhennessy publishing some code stuff on http://www.mhennessy.f9.co.uk/

The hardware would be no problem to build, everthing on hand; but i don´t need to use my time to invent the weel a nth time by doing all this coding for the pic. I hope i will find som usefull pieces of pic assembler code or so i can make use of.

Another thing is i want to see if its possible to mate a volume controll, preamp and the active xover Nelson promised us.

Hi everyone,
thanks for posting your valuable informations. :nod: Ya Im also waiting excitedly for harvardian and guys to come out with an individual controller board using PGA2310. Maybe 3 pcs of PGA2310s? (6-channels using daisy–chaining) Preferably with mute function? :rolleyes: I've just received the PGA2310 samples from Texas. Their sampling program is great and shipment is very fast. Best of all, everything including shipping is free! :bigeyes: Now with my samples in hand, Im ready for your boards guys! ;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.