My OB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I finally found a person with a digital camera who was willing to take a picture of my baffles.

The fullrange up top is a RS 40-1271 and the two woofers in the bottom are RS 40-1024.

These are not set up even near to optimum. All three drivers on the baffle are ran in parallel. I don't have any extra amps to run it biamped yet adn i have not spent the time to run a crossover on it. You can definetly hear voice and higher frequency stuff coming out of the bottom woofers.

Anyways, here they are.

Attachments

• daves ob.jpg
    daves ob.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 901
Yes, that's right. Start with 150uf shunting the bass pair. I used 3 47s in parallel, so I could replace one with a lower value to fine tune. Then you want an inductor to shunt the top driver. As a starting point, try Xl=Z of the driver at crossover.

Note the series x-o will exhibit a low z at crossover freq without the drivers connected. Also the bass driver needs to be out of phase or you will have phase cancellation at the xo.

Good luck.

Geoff.

Would there be any benefit to removing the wings and putting the lower woofers into an H baffle or U baffle and then adding a inductor inline with the woofers to cut them off around ~260-280 Hz (the center baffle is 10.5 inches)?

I am thinking of cutting the wood for the H baffle or U baffle out of the wings and adding that to the center baffles that the speakers are all ready in.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.