• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

SOHA Amp & PSU Layout, need feedback

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
SOHA Amp & PSU Layout, need feedback

Hi all,

I decided to build the SOHA headphone amplifier with the J113 CCS. The original article can be found at headwize:

http://headwize.com/projects/cavalli2_prj.php

I had a look at some layouts for that ampfilier, but none of them was suitable for my project (parts not available, tube upside down etc.).

Thus, I tried to make a new layout, with Alps pot on the board, short signal traces and solder points for wires at positions which are ideal for the planned case.

The original SOHA schematic from headwize, as well as my schematics (look a little bit different because of my layout program) and boards for the amp and the PSU can be found below.
I would need some help in locating errors, also feedback and criticism by experienced DIYers. In order to make it a bit easier for you, I copied the pin connections of the OP-amp, the tube and the J113s on the schematic.

Thanks a lot & best regards!
Phil

Attachments

• cavalli2_fig5.png
    cavalli2_fig5.png
    63.2 KB · Views: 309
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.