ribbon tweeter

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
picture of the Ribbon tweeter

Attachments

• tweetfrontview.jpeg
    tweetfrontview.jpeg
    15.6 KB · Views: 578
i think u have the same model as i do

http://i14.tinypic.com/62yczo2.jpg

Mine are bulgarian tweeters made after goodmans specifications.
The foil is made out of plastic with a metal coating.
I don't know how u can build something like that.

You can try cutting a piece of aluminium foil and mount it between the two screws.
You will have to make sure that the impedance of the repaired tweeter has reasonable values.
Put a resistor (10ohm) in series with the tweeter, and connect them at a sinusoidal voltage source from 2kHz to 20kHz.
Check the voltage on the resistor and compare it with the voltage on the tweeter. The ratio between them is equal with the ratio of the resistor's and the tweeters impedance value. It should be greater than 0.3. Otherwise your amplifier will see a very low impedance and :hot:

good luck!

AKN

Joined 2005
Paid Member
Andy Bartha said:
4fun,
Could you do me a favor and get an e-mail address for HIFIKIT. I do not read Swedish and did not see an e-mil address. Those are the tweeters I have and they are the 16 ohm versions. I'm hoping they have replacement ribbons. Thank you for your help.

I have the mailaddress.
I cannot see their mailaddress on their site, maybe HIFI KIT wants it that way. Strange but I suppose that I should not put it in public if HIFI KIT don't.

You have no PM buttom, mail me for the address.

Andy Bartha said:
picture of the Ribbon tweeter

Hi Andy,

I specialize in ribbon microphones repairs, which have exactly the same principle, but use much finer ribbons (I am working with thicknesses down to 0.6 micron :eek:). I have the whole range of foil thicknesses, as well as a few corrugators with different pitches.
If you don't find any better solution I don't see any problem to repair those for you. I might be able to get a corrugated metallized mylar, as well.
Shoot me email at:
ribbonmic(at)comcast(dot)net

If moderators feel it is a spam, feel free to remove.

Best, M

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.