most important specs???

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm looking for a dbl-din head unit,my audio shop always tries to steer me towards eclipse because of their low source impedance and high pre-amp voltage. Most other car audio manufactures use 2-volt on the pre-amps,so what more important for "SQ"-------low source impedance or high pre-amp voltage or both??? I don't have problem with eclipse,just like to know all my options.Please help!!!!

I knew a guy with an older Eclipse. He liked the SQ, but also labeled the headunit as "E-Skips". It was annoying. Currently I am running a Pioneer Premier 980bt and have only positive things to say about it. Unless you are hardcore about your music, or plan on running bad RCA's next to your power wires, preamp voltages will be fine at a true 2V RMS. Check what your amplifier accepts because some don't want anything above 2V.

My suggestion would be to listen to each of the headunits you are considering and then choose the one that sounds best to you.

The high voltage pre-outs has less to do with sound quality then it has to noise rejection so if you have a good installation that has no added electrical noise and all the gains are set correctly then the pre-out voltage will make no difference, but it can help in a noisy environment.
It is like most things it is more marketeering then engineering.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.