NAD 7250PE receiver

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey, what's up everybody, I'm new at this so bear with me.. I got my hands my an 12yr old NAD 7250PE receiver but, everywhere I've looked so far on line has left me out in the cold as far as spec's and info. Are there any PDF sites out there I can down load some from? Also, does anyone know what is the difference between the 7240 model and the 7250? I've been able to get infro from sellers posts on ebay, yet the info only concerns the 7240 model. The unit I have seems to have been very well kept, aside from the previous owners cat using it for a perch. Its inside was full of the cat's hair. Other than that everything seems to be working; except that there is a button right under the tuner selector switch, just above the volume/balance knob that does do anything when depressed? What gives? As you can see I am really in need of some model spec's. If anything for the basic stuff like watts per channel. I know the 7240 conservativly rated at 40 watts; how about the 7250PE? If there is any other tips or things I should know it would be a big help. Thanks in advance. Jazzy Nate. :cool:

NAD 7250PE reciever

Hey, Thank's djk. I should have figured that no brainer out on my own. Yet when you don't know some thing there is no such thing as a dumb question. I really appreciate that heads up on the info. If there is anything else you can share the same goes double. What is your opinon of NAD products and how would rate them say in comparison to say SAE; something of which I also have. I am presently shopping for a relacment turntable for my Dual. I not into DJ'ing, as one could probably figure. Just like to get the most out the music I love listening to. Jazz... :cool:

NAD 7240PE

Hi,
I'm part way through repairing a faulty output stage channel on my NAD 7240PE. Don't yet have a schematic (any help from anyone appreciated!!), which would assist confirming the values of the circuit resistors around the NPN VAS driver transistor 2SC3423 (150V very low 1.8pF Cob type). I will put in a 2SC4793 replacement for starters as I have a few spare, when I confirm the resistors - seems that someone repaired it many years ago and both channels aren't consistent with values, and the other side has a 2SD669 replacement (180V 1.5A, higher 14pF Cob).
Regards, Tim

7250PE preamp works, power amp both channels out

7250PE preamp works, power amp both channels out. I work on tube equipment but not SS. Any general ideas where to start please? (It was my wife's dad's and has sentimental value and would earn me V-Day points)
Great site! Thanks for ANY ideas.

Mike

hi i have the same problem with my nad7250(preamp works but no power amp output). i dont have schematic manual and i can see that the relay has 8 connections. How would i know if protection relay is open?, what pins do i have to test for continuity?
txs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.