Controlling power

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a DIY amp that I use with the pre-outs on my receiver for bi-amping. My problem is that the only reason I have to get off my **** is to switch it on itself (everything else works beautifully with a harmony remote).

So i've been trying to figure out how to do this:
- switch on with receiver, but unfortunately my receiver has no AC or DC switched output thing (like some do) :(
- switch on via a remote mains wall outlet thing (unfortunately they're all RF these days, and my remote can't do that)
- switch on via a dedicated IR receiver with a relay and a 12v powerpack (looking like the most likely at present)*

*I've found a kit that has 2 relay outputs and take a variety of codes which I believe can be learnt by my harmony remote. It simply needs 12VDC itself.

There's no way I'm stuffing that in my amp box, so it'll go in a separate box, therefore my preference is still option 2 if I could find one.

Suggestions?

P.S. i actually don't mind getting up to turn it on/off, but the girlfriend always forgets to turn on or off.

Buy Cyrus,
they all interlink with a ring of RCA terminated cables.
If you don't have the matching ancilliaries, the Power amps also have auto switch on, on detecting input signal and auto off after Xmins delay with no input signal.

Rod's versions can do similar.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.