DN2540

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Dn2540

Hi all,

I know this is not exactly the right forum, but I'm searching for some DN2540 depletion mosfets, and it seems I cannot find them here in Italy; so, I know some of you have already used them, and hope you can help me with a shop address here in Europe (i would prefer to do not buy them oversea).
As an alternative you could give me some equivalent depletion mosfet easier to be found here in Europe.
Thanks in advance

Ciao,
Giovanni

I'll let you know tommorrow eve if I got the stuff, boards are comming from the factory after which there is a whole chain of people to get the stuff to me, anyway, one of them also ordered some samples for me (not for audio application), as it fits with another chip form the same manufacturer. I'll have to see how many there are, I just need like 4, as we pretty much discarded that prototype due to part sourceing delays.

It is sometimes usefull to find out who the wholesale electronic distributors in your country is. Even way over here in the sticks I can get stuff drom digikey, farnell, national etc... they all have distributors who sells their stuff, the benefit is that those distributors take larger orders which offset the major shipping charges, worst case they might ask you to buy a hole tube of a component.

Last edited:
Some say IXCP10M45S is better. What do you people think for using as CCS in tube circuits
A single 10M45S is better than a single DN2540. But a cascaded DN2540 beats a 10M45S big time. Not sure if you can cascade 10M45S.

Check this out: CCS performance measurments

Mouser shipping is great on in Europe. It is free Fedex when you buy for more than 75EUR.
Damn. Wish I had know that. My last order from Mouser was for 73 euro's and I had to pay 20USD shipping.

K and K audio says the IXYS IXTP01N100D is better than the DN2540. Unfortunately. Europeans are NOT allowed to buy that part from the US of A.

Bas ... my last order from mouser is in the mail and I have ordered 100D's too. I have been using them for one year or so and I can say they are more resilient than DN2540 or 10M45S (sometimes I fried them at the start-up) but I cannot tell any audible difference between the two. I have always been using cascoded FETs and in my latest boards I am using TO92 package for the lower FET (DN2540 as usual).

I'll send you 4 when I will be back in Italy. Or better, if any other EU fellow needs help in sourcing 100D we can arrange a group buy and I can bring them with me in EU. Slots are mid June and end of July.

Gianluca

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.