More Audigy 2 Warning

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just another post to warn about further faults with Audigy 2 sound card.

1. Software will not uninstall without locking up at 60% removal. Ctrl-Alt-Del then retsores removal (but not folder and some subs).

2. Driver update download both file and auto update on European site do not install. Asks for system disk twice and then states it cannot find wdma_emu.cat;PRECOPY1.CAB in Win 98SE CD. This is likely to be an error as emu files are Creative ones. The process is long and windy and rediculously complex.

Further indictment of Creative incompetance. You are talking about downloading 50 MB of patches that won't work.

Re: Linux

lykkedk said:
Maybe you should take a look, at the opensource forum, at CREATIVE, maybe the driver run's much better on LINUX, could be, that the fault was on your Window's BOX

Best regards from Jesper....
-----------------------------------------------------
Maybe you should take a look too at the frustrated customers with the card in Creative's own forum. I asked their support people about the live download for the new Audigy 2 driver and got a load of dribble about dirt on my Win 98 CD and how I should only uninstall the driver in Win Safe Mode. If everyone else can supply reasonable software and Creative doesn't want to, then they don't deserve new business.

Re: Linux

lykkedk said:
Maybe you should take a look, at the opensource forum, at CREATIVE, maybe the driver run's much better on LINUX, could be, that the fault was on your Window's BOX

Umm... so what happens if he doesnt want to run Linux?
Are you saying he should install and learn Linux just to use a particular soundcard?

Yeh... sure. :confused:

BTW... the Linux drivers are not written by Creative, but by your avg Linux hackers. Says somthing about Creative doesnt it.

Creative....

No I do not think, that he should run LINUX, because of his faulty driver, just an suggestion, cause it's a pretty expensive card !

I'am running LINUX on 3year, never had any problems, with soundcard.. etc.. drivers or anything else, I still think the main problem, is
the windows BOX (Not to say, that CREATIVE's driver is OK... it's bad policy, that they are in such a rush, that they couldnt write fail-proof driver's ), GOOD LUCK !

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.