Adcom 555

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
could anyone help me here i;m replaceing the 2sd525 and the 2sb595 but the problem is there is a thermistor attached to them number td5-c210 could anyone tell me how to take them off the transistor and what do i use to replace the thermistor it;s 1k ohm i don;t know if they are attached with some kind of glue or what it sits on top of the transistors these are driver transistors i want to replace them with the mfe15030/31 the other problem with this is the ones i;m replaceing have only 2 leads coming out the new one has 3 the emmiter base and the collector can anyone help me with that i sure could use it i;m not a pro at this i need all the help i can get

Only 2 leads from the 2sd525 and the 2sb595 ?:cannotbe: I'm pretty sure the thermistor is connector to the emitter and base so where the heck is the collector pin? As far as how the thermistor is attached I'm not positive, prolly hard glue coating over top. Maybe use a small jewel screw driver to carefully try and pry or exacto blade and carefully scrape.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi changsecho,
Like djk said, those are selected parts for high voltage. You can not use normal parts with the same number. His replacement suggestions work very well.

The thermistor can be removed with a razor blade. It needs to be reattached to the new part.

Hey Bigred!,
prolly hard glue coating over top.
Dude, did you ever take an English class? prolly means probably, is this correct? prolly sounds like a small fish or something.

-Chris

hey anatech... yes I am "edgumacated" and can spell. I sometimes have a bad habit of using short form for typing purposes. I fig that most peeps would understand prolly means probably. fig=figured and peeps=people. I will try not to post in short form anymore and run my posts thru.. err through a spell checker. :clown:

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Bigred,
Yes, I checked it and it was already corrected.

My earlier comment was merely in the spirit of the many people who do not speak English as a first tongue. For respect of our members who may have to work more to read the forum language, we should try to be clear when we post. This goes for everyone.

Hi djk,
I had the spelling corrected in the title so future searches on Adcom would show this thread.
Thank you for that. We moderators are simply here to help. ;)

-Chris

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Bigred,
thx for clearing that up anatech... I kind of took it as an insult.
That's the problem with typing a message. No inflections. That's why I clarified my comments late. Should have been sooner.

When I get snippy, you'll know. In general my intent is never to upset or insult another member. Thanks for understanding.

-Chris

adcom 555

thank you everyone for your help i have another question this amp the 555 has no sound by replaceing the transistor drivers am i going in the right direction while i;m at it i have order all new output transistors as well the amp itself is like new one more reason i want to bring it back to life pluss the sound of it also any mods would be helpfull i;m new to this forum already i think it's great and the people in it as well i sure do need your imputs what i've seen already was a big help again thank you

Well from your original post you just stated that you were replacing the driver transistors and needed help on the thermistor issue.... didn't go into any detail of your prob and any diagnosing etc. I'm assuming that your replacing the drivers because you checked them and found them to be shorted or something right? Going on the assumption that the power supply and front end is ok and you traced your fault to the output stage and found a problem with the drivers and you got outputs coming then I would have to say yes your on the right track.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi changsecho,
I think there are a few requests I have of you.

Firstly, when you post, please use punctuation and caps when required. We are not going to waste time reading your posts a couple times to understand them.

Secondly, there are a number of threads on servicing these amplifiers. Please research these threads and ask for clarification as you need.

Thirdly, please let us know what started you on this. What was the original fault? What have you done to troubleshoot and diagnose your amp so far?

If you do these things, we will happily assist you.

-Chris

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.