Power amplifier 400watts or up

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello! can any one help me? im searching for a schematic diagram of a power amplifier that can deliver about 400watts RMS or up.. to an 8 ohm 18" 600watts speaker... co'z im planing to build a Sub-woofer amplifier that i can add to my simple mobile sound system... hmmm... i want to try the DX amp... but i don't think that can match the power i needed.:smash: :smash:

hi microp,

600watts power is great.. do you have a circuit diagram of that DX turbo?

hi Zeon rider,

Quasi power amp is good.. but im bothered with the cost of building one co'z mosfet transistors were too expensive here in our country.. but still the idea of building Quasi power amp would be secondary...

thanx!

regards
Riche

Riche :rolleyes: :bawling:

hi..

thanx alot man, have you heard about the W-type sub woofer And the G-box? do you have the idea about the dimentions of the baffle? they usually use this baffle on an open field as wide as a softball ground. here in the phillipines, the W-type Baffle was renamed as "sub-zero"....from Pampanga, Philippines... it sound really great... maybe tomorrow i'l attach an illustration on how it look like...
thanx!

riche lemuey

hi..

thanx alot man, have you heard about the W-type sub woofer And the G-box? do you have the idea about the dimentions of the baffle? they usually use this baffle on an open field as wide as a softball ground. here in the phillipines, the W-type Baffle was renamed as "sub-zero"....from Pampanga, Philippines... it sound really great... maybe tomorrow i'l attach an illustration on how it look like...
thanx!

riche lemuey

W bin? Not exactly what I'd call a "sub-zero". W-bins don't go down very low - maybe 50 or 60 Hz, but they do get loud. Scoops go MUCH lower, which is what you probably want. Go to speakerplans.com for dimensions. Rog does not recommend these boxes, however. The reason is limited power handling - they don't handle the kilowatts you can do with a proper (larger) folded horn. But if you're only putting in 400-600 watts a scoop will give you a really big boom per cubic foot which is why they are still used. Just don't go putting in 2000 watts or you'll shred the cone.

Hello! can any one help me? im searching for a schematic diagram of a power amplifier that can deliver about 400watts RMS or up.. to an 8 ohm 18" 600watts speaker... co'z im planing to build a Sub-woofer amplifier that i can add to my simple mobile sound system... hmmm... i want to try the DX amp... but i don't think that can match the power i needed.:smash: :smash:

I get today a Dynacord L1600 (same PCB inside than Electro Voice P2000) for service and maintenance together with a printed service manual. By study the schematic I think to your wish in this forum.
For an universal amp this topology could be a good baisc for such a project. Here the addresses for order schematics resp. service manuals (as I know, without costs by sending as PDF attachements)
Dynacord "L 1600"
http://www.sonoloc.ch/images/dynacord_l1600.jpg
DYNACORD – Distribution – Europe – Czech Republic
or Electro Voice (EV) "P 2000"
http://www.electrovoice.com/documents/ev/P_2000_Owners_Manual.pdf
and for order schematic resp. service manual
Electrovoice

I believe it is called G sub from rog mogale's site

no sir, it is not a G sub from rog mogale site, here in my place in zambales philippines they called that scoop bins,wayback 1993 as a g-box or g-type...i dont know why they called it that name?if im not mistaken, the G sub from rog mogale site is a dual 18 inch speaker house in a ducted box...and how he got an idea about the G box that he saw in an open field...i dont know any sound system in the philippines using a G sub like rog mogale design that use for mobile sound system....im pretty sure it is a scoop bins.....regards......:D:D:D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.