Amp problems

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello, I am new to all of this and any help would be greatly appreciated. I recently had a kicker kx 700.5 go into protection. When it went into protection all my audio gear shut off. The head unit came back on but my other amp a Soundstream VGA1600.2 powered on with no output. I pulled the cover on the SS and 2 wires on a torroid were broken just above the board. I replaced the torroid and it still won't work. Both the rail voltage lights come on (+ and -). Now on to the Kicker! I looked at the Kicker for the obvious and found nothing. I have since upgraded, but would love to have the Big SS back pushing my 15's. As for the Kicker it would be nice to have for the girlfriends car. Is there anybody that would be interested in repairing these if it is over my head (which I am sure it is)????

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.