nelson jones 10w class a

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Sorry can't help with any personal experience (I only own a JLH '69) but I recall the publication of the design and I think I'm right in saying there was not much in the way of debate/letters to the editor in subsequent issues the way there was with the JLH. A theoretical comparison between them shows that the current control in the NJ design was more sophisticated than the JLH (as originally published). Also the square way performance would seem to indicate that it may sound a little rougher in the treble than the JLH. He would also suggest that the relative complexity of the NJ model would work against signal purity with more semiconductors in the signal path. But you probably know all this anyway....... I've always thought it would be good to have both and do a comparison. Are you in a position to do that?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.