QSC RMX850 modification help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am considering a few modifications to the QSC RMX850 amplifier. I use this to drive stereo Scan Speak 25W/8565-01 woofers. A Behringer DCX2496 is used for crossover.

Amp schematic can be found here:
http://www.qsc.com/support/library/schems/Current/RMX Series/rmx850.pdf

I would like to replace the 5532 with AD826. I will try to get a ceramic bypass cap installed at the socket pins as well. Comments?

I would also like to remove the C106 bipolar electrolytic and install a jumper in its place. My preamp driving the Behringer is a transformer coupled output, so I have potential DC offset from the Behringer (which I think is cap coupled output anyway), and the offset of the AD826. Comments?

I do not plan on using the internal amp filters (C108,C109). Just want to make sure I don't have any excessive DC at the output of the amp. Are there any adjustments I can make (bias) to reduce this?

Thanks for your assistance.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.