Toroidal core for Elliott Project 89

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi I want to build a SMPS based on the one showed here http://sound.westhost.com/project89.htm.

The input will be 12v-14v and the output should be +-25v running at 150 watt continual and 300 watt peak.

The SMPS will feed 4 x lm3886 in a 2 way active system.

And now the questions:

Which core should I use and can you guide me to one that I can buy in denmark, sweden or germany?

What frequency should I be runing the SMPS at?

Should the SMPS be regulated?

hi

in europe,you can use 3c80-3c85-3c90 material (philips)

n27 or n67 (siemens )

b2 (i don't know )

with this kind of material you can increase pwm frequency up to 50-60 khz with low losses

but for a good smps efficiency,around 30 khz is a good choice

amount of power vs total losses

you can work with a fixed frequency,but have a good choice for ratio transformer
the secondary voltage will quickly go down when the primary voltage decrease.

Hi

I am just going to say about freq. and regulation.

Regulation: Yes I think it would be best to have it.

Freq: well as all will say, depends on core, but I just winded my and then starter at 150kHz an went down to as low as I could, without output saging. I have output of +/-47Vdc and found that with my core that I have no info for it, it was best to have freq around 18-22kHz. Many will say that that is a bit too low, but at that point smps was puting out 270w, and would alot more if I would allow saging.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.