Separate Coax Cables for + and - Signal?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I have a dac that I've modified to use a shielded line transformer at the output. The transformers are beside the dac pbc with it's own fabricated diy pcb (trans use pins for pcb mounting)...

I used low capacitance miniature solid core copper coax cables for termination for the trans, also to shield the signal from AC line nasties (there's a copper braid shield for the internal AC wires). What I did was use the silver stranded screen wires as the (-/grnd) signal from the main dac PCB -> trans-> the RCA sockets....

The question is, is there any advantage of using seperate coax cables for the + and -/grnd signals??? I've seen this done beffore on rca inputs of tube amps using miniature coax cables.

A friend who made the transformers' pcb for me said that a single coax cable for 1 channel is better so that same interference is induced on a single coax cable, and it will cancel out some noise in the closed loop of the transformer....

Thanks for anything you guys could share.

regards,
fred

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.