Help!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I was at a conference in Orlando 2 weeks ago with my X-Ray class and no-one brought a stereo, yet because our rooms had Internet i took my iMac. Well we were hanging out at my room and since my roomate brought a laptop, my iMac was chosen to play the tunes. All was going fine until someone popped in a Hip-Hop cd and my Left speaker blew!

Anyone know where i can get a replacement speaker for a later model G3 iMac? This is the kind with the Harmon Kardons and not the Game Boy speakers used in first Gen G3 iMacs. I went to a IT Suppliers website and they cost $100 for a pair! :bigeyes: Is there anywhere i can get these weird little 2 inchers as a more reasonable price?

I was able to patch the busted one because it was the surround that went not the coil. I didn't expect to restore the halfway descent sound my iMac makes but to at least stop the Rattling until i can replace the bad speaker. The repaired speaker does fine in the mids and highs, but because it is stiffer and doesn't move as much, its bass is practically gone. Because these are 2 inchers, its quite a miracle to get any bass out of them, so losing the bass in one really hurts the overall sound in the iMac, as now only one speaker is outputing any bass.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.