.1% resistors

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
If you are doing a parallel or bridged-parallel amp then the 0.1% are necessary-see National Semi's AN-1192 (application note). If you are just doing a single chip per channel then they're not required.

If you need small quantities of 0.1% you can try Parts Connexion; look for the "Draloric" resistors across the bottom of the page:

http://www.partsconnexion.com/catalog/resistors.html

These come in 0.1, 0.25 and 0.5%.

Scott

phn said:
Are the 3886s you have matched within 0.1%? If not, then you probably shouldn't worry too much about the resistors.
As Scott said, it definitely depends on the application. Based on what I have seen, the margins on the LM3886's are well past 0.1%, making B/P applications require the higher precision matching required for those applications to work well.

If you have some chips that are off greater than 0.1%, I for one, would love to hear about it. And then I am sure National would love to hear about it so that they can get you are genuine part or a replacement for a bum chip.

PS, I concur with the crowd that you should buy a bag of standard 1% resistors and match parts yourself. Within a batch, they are typically quite close to each other. Well within 0.1% typically. For the few parts you will need, you should be able to do this within a few minutes.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.