Water-cooled

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Watercoled

Hello

One off my friends got a putter from his company where the CPU (and more) was dead (ligthing).

Inside he got a watercolings system from Asetek. Now I bought the system cheap.

The system are running well. No noise from pump and fan. Asetek told me the system will be able to remove 500 - 600 watt of heat.

Is 600 watt to small to a 2 x 100 watt Pass-labs amplifier?

Regards

Benny

Is 600 watt to small to a 2 x 100 watt Pass-labs amplifier?
Yep, its just in the "cant quite make it" department. My A-X's dissipates 325 watts per channel and they are rated at (conservatively) 90 watts!! I have big fat heatsinks, (Like any man around here:D ) and they do get very warm!!! Any chassis under 35 kg's will be too small for a NP 100 watt monoblock. Just my experience!!

Steen:cool:

I think I can make a PassLabs amplifier without a heatsink at all.
I take the air from the backside of the chassis and blow the hot air down at a hole in the botton of the chassis.

I think I buy a radiator more from Asetek so I can lower the temp. With 2 radiators I can cool down 1 kW.

The wather pump use 12VCD max 1 amp.

The fan is 120x120 mm and marked 12VDC 0.25A. If i got 2 radiators I only put 6 VDC at each fan.

The systen is close to this:
http://www2.asetek.com/default.asp? showPage=startside.asp&contentSection=2

Benny

Could it be this? Only product (discontinued?) they make that has a an icecube's chance in Styx of dumping 600 watts.

Attachments

• vapochil.jpg
    vapochil.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 741
Hm.

I have spoken with the company again today. They told mo to wait some weeks, then they have a new products ready.

They told me that I could shot down the fan but the pump may run. The new pump make no noise at all.

They told me that 175 watt typical give 10 deg. C more than ambient.

Benny

Lovan said:
Not everyone has a nice machineshop to make beautiful heatsinks in ;)

That's true, but I am usually quite generous to anybody holding a danish passport ;)

I've been around in this game for quite some time, and the reason I try to convince Benny to go the passive heatsink way , is that I have seen quite a number of first timers going technology crazy, only to break their necks on the project, instead of getting their feet wet and then take it from there.

As usual Benny will be more than welcome to ask for help, pretty much anybody in Denmark I know of whom have built Pass stuff have taken me up on that offer, and AFAIK been quite happy that they did.

Magura :)

Hmm.

I am not a novice. I have working as electronic in 20 years for living.

I normal posting in the tube forum, but now with this water kit I an interrested in a Pass Labs Aleph 2 amplifier.

This afternoon in again has spoken with Asetek's support man. He think I could lendt a used test system and if it works I buy a new system.

He told me that they could remove 500 watt's and holding the system below 60 deg. C. If I say ok to 70 deg. C. they can remove 750 - 800 watt, but with a bigger radiator and 2 fan's.

Benny

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.