SG3525 for Inverter

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi 2 all.. i m in my final sem of electronics engr.

My project is to generate electrical power using solar energy.

I want to have an inverter circuit (for 500W, 220VAC) using SG3525. The one I got is from an Yougoslavian website. The discription is written there but I cant understand that neither can translate through an online web translator. I am attaching that circuit in this post. So if any1 can understand it plz help to me to get it. Also if any1 have better circuit than it (but in working condition) so plz provide me.

Attachments

• 7b121.gif
    7b121.gif
    5.2 KB · Views: 6,182
Thats i have seen b4...but it is ckt for SMPS....

See, what i m doing is getting 12V DC from solar pannel...then charge the battery (Deep-cycle) and then input the battery's output voltage to an inverter(500W,220VAC)...

For this kind of scenerio....if u can give me ckt...then plz do it....

The ckt which i attach in the above post is taken from

http://www.mikroelektronika.co.yu/domestic/magazine/magazine/p1broj/1broj12.htm

but as u can see there it is not in english.....i know its not ur job but if u (or any1) can able to translate that language into english plz tell me that way.......coz they have explain it also...

hope u now understand the situation

Xpikon:

Here is a schematic of a 2.5kW DC-AC Inverter. This is nearly the same basic schematic used in almost all DC-AC Inverters. Obviously, there are always small variations. As you can see, there are actually two stages: the 12V to 165V DC-DC boost converter, and the 60Hz Modified sinewave H-Bridge.

For your applications, you will need to connect in series, all 8 of the secondaries from the DC-DC converter section (resulting in ~330VDC) , changing the diodes to 800V devices, & filter caps to 400V units. Then, you will adjust the frequency from 60Hz to 50Hz.

As mentioned, this is a 2.5kW inverter. At 120VAC, this is just over 20A, but for 240VAC, this should be ~10A, enough for your stated needs.

Hope this helps you in the right direction.

Steve

Here is the control stage........

Attachments

• control stage.pdf
    34.7 KB · Views: 3,322
....And here is the power stage. As you can see, one TL494 is running at high frequency for the DC-DC converter, and the other TL494 is running at 120Hz for the DC-AC section.

Realize that you are asking with regards to the SG3525, but this schematic should be adaptable from the '494 to the '3525.

Attachments

• power stage.pdf
    65.6 KB · Views: 2,995
There is no Yugoslavia any more.
Article is written in Serbian language.

The circuit is very simple.
P1 is for adjusting output voltage.
P2 is for adjusting output frequency.
Output of the inverter is between 0 and 300V connection on the transformer ( in this case SD pin on SG3525 is pulled high ).
Connection 0-220 is for Charging battery mode ( SD pin on SG3525 must be pulled down to ground, for shutting down inverter ).

I hope you understand me.

:)

Hello!!!!

Thx for helping me......

N-Channel........u have done a gr8 job....but plz dont mind i cant understand that ckt as it is very difficult and also i have no time to design this kind of ckt....and as i said plz dont mind coz if i m not using it ....may b some other person will try it...

audiovista......as u said that u cant translate the text......plz do it ASAP coz i badly need it.....that site has discription [ moderators plz understand this situation i m not advertising the site....i m just trying get help ]

m-tech......thx for providing the information.....i m slodering the ckt now as Orcad doesnt provide the simulation [if u know how can i simulate plz tell me] then i'll findout whether u r right/wrong...then tell u....

Thx all of u.....plz read ur individual msgs....n reply then

XPIKON

N-Channel said:
Xpikon:

Here is a schematic of a 2.5kW DC-AC Inverter. This is nearly the same basic schematic used in almost all DC-AC Inverters. Obviously, there are always small variations. As you can see, there are actually two stages: the 12V to 165V DC-DC boost converter, and the 60Hz Modified sinewave H-Bridge.

For your applications, you will need to connect in series, all 8 of the secondaries from the DC-DC converter section (resulting in ~330VDC) , changing the diodes to 800V devices, & filter caps to 400V units. Then, you will adjust the frequency from 60Hz to 50Hz.

As mentioned, this is a 2.5kW inverter. At 120VAC, this is just over 20A, but for 240VAC, this should be ~10A, enough for your stated needs.

Hope this helps you in the right direction.

Steve

Here is the control stage........

i came across this thread by searching the forum...
i've been looking for inverter chematic, and here i've found exactly what i needed...

i do hve this inverter and i am despretly trying to modify it...

what i need is 44v ac out of this inverter.....
i've tried to adjust these variable but the most i can get is 65 volts....i have even tried to put more value resistor in it, but it does'nt go beyond 65v...

is there anything else/midification i can do to get 44v out of thi8s inverter ?

do u have any more similar type of inverter schematic (for reference)?

can u guide me for the midification neede for 44v?

thanks again

No, Luka. But I will take some later today and post them, if time allows. I think the idea of series-ing the secondaries in order to force equal current-sharing is ingenious. It also allows for heavier-duty winding of all secondaries in case the output will need to supply lots of current (G.T. 6A).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.