New to Circut design:help!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello everyone,
I've been reading a lot of amplifier construction pages on the forum recently, and I know that one of the main things needed for building an amplifier is a power supply. I've searched for methods of building them several times, and can't seem to find just exactly what I'm looking for. The problem is: I understand speakers and the exterior parts and how everything like that works, but not how to construct electronic circuts. I can look at a schematic at tell you what everything is and what it does, but once capacitors and resistors and op-amps start working together, the whole thing gets lost on me. Since power supplies are easier to build than the amp itself, I figured I'd ask on this thread. I understand you need a transformer, and probably a diode bridge(I think thats what its called), and some filter caps, but I don't understand much else.

Pretty much, can someone point me in the right direction to get started learning about building some circuts, and maybe even doing so?

Thanks,
zolthoff

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.