Using single CT supply with LM3886

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have built a stereo LM3886 amp using a single PSU board and dual amp boards from chipamp.com. Because I am new to this, I am using an old 25V CT transformer I had on hand, not a dual secondary type as recommended for the PSU board, so mine has only 3 wires on secondary - 2 AC + the CT. I found a reference for an older PSU board for the LM3875 on how to use this type of transformer, but am not sure if I have done this correctly. Where does the CT connect ideally? Does it matter? I am trying with no success to eliminate hum, and moving the CT around has no effect (even leaving it off completely), so I am now wondering if my use of a single secondary supply is part of the problem.

I do get a steady and even 37VDC on each rail, and the amp does sound fine, aside from the hum, which is ok with no source connected, but with a source, or a loose RCA cable, hum becomes fairly intrusive.
I've tried without much success to find any schematics showing this type of TF used.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.