power conversion US to UK [110v to 240v]

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello all,

I was recommended to pose this question here as I was informed that this place is full of smart people! Im fairly new to DIY projects and it looks like Ill be using a lot of the good advice thats been posted here.

I recently purchased an Orban 672A paragraphic EQ and it is configured for 110VAC/USA power. It has the potential to be converted to 240VAC/UK but I wanted to check that I am right in decyphering the instructions.

Inside the unit, on top of the transformer, is a card that has printed on it:

"Mains 1 & 4

For 117VAC
Strap 1&2, 3&4

For 230VAC
Strap 2&3 only"

The transformer has 4 pins, of which 1 is jumpered with 2 and pins 3 with 4. [see images]

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Do I have this correct that I have to remove the current jumper settings and then solder a jumper between pins 2& 3?

Im fairly confident that I have this correct but there's nothing better than a 2nd, 3rd and 4th opinion and I would hate to possibly blow up this lovely new [to me] EQ.

Any help and advice greatly appreciated.

Pin 1 has Black, pin 2 and 3 will have a jumper to it and pin 4 will have white. The jumper between 1 & 2, 3 & 4 must be removed(as you already know).

Pin 1 and 4 are one winding, and pin 2 and 3 are another, in 110V opperation you have them parellelled, in 220V they are series together.

Other than that, do what AndrewT said first before hooking it up to the mains.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.