RF mains filter box

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi
Seller has no claims on what the units does or how (true black box special) quote from seller "It has no voltage or power rating specified so I guess it will work on all voltages" is this a joke ..hahaha.

Anyhow.. you can buy very good mains filters from outfits like Corcom and others with international approvals with ratings for loads and filter effectiveness (VDE class B is best). as an example you could put it in a box with IEC connectors and step down isolation Xfrmer.

see link http://www.cor.com/

No it's not a joke, the DPA 'The Power' were well-regarded in the UK.

The DPA filters are a discrete circuit of five or six (can't remember) cascaded differential L-C sections, based on hand-wound aircore chokes and caps that stepped down in size to the outlet. Somewhere I have the schematic, which I traced. Personally -tried one, didn't like it - but then I don't like the effect of any forms of mains 'conditioning' I've tried yet (I think you lose more than you gain...)

BTW Ash- Chevin Audio in the UK do a unit which looks very like 'The Power' BTW, at no premium over what the real thing goes for on ePay.

martin clark said:
No it's not a joke, the DPA 'The Power' were well-regarded in the UK.

The DPA filters are a discrete circuit of five or six (can't remember) cascaded differential L-C sections, based on hand-wound aircore chokes and caps that stepped down in size to the outlet. Somewhere I have the schematic, which I traced. Personally -tried one, didn't like it - but then I don't like the effect of any forms of mains 'conditioning' I've tried yet (I think you lose more than you gain...)

BTW Ash- Chevin Audio in the UK do a unit which looks very like 'The Power' BTW, at no premium over what the real thing goes for on ePay.

Thanks I'll take a look

Hi,
the UK seller seems to be non techy so I guess when he says all voltages he means all UK voltages (220Vac to 240Vac +- tolerance) and all lower voltages used around the world.

I think the use of IEC plug and socket outlet indicates conventional mains voltage.

I think this is no joke.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.