Regulated PSU Quality PCB?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I kiddingly asked Peter Daniel from AudioSector if he would consider making a nice PCB or kit for a regulated PSU but is there one out there already?

You know...one that would accomodate 8 MUR860 diodes, a nice bank of 4 bigs caps + 1 little cap on each rail before the regulator and then a little tiny output cap + a bypass cap for the adjust leg...maybe based on some design for the LM338? Is it too much to ask? :D

The PSU I use provides Unregulated DC for the Power amp stage But for the Preamp stage (were a regulated supply seems to have more impact of sound quality) it has a +/-15v regulated supply useing LM317/337 regulators.....

I Can post the design if you want it....It could probably be easilly modified by adding a couple more regulators for the Power amp stage but I never found a need for it.....

Cheers

CarlosT said:
Man...why one huge cap instead of a bank of smaller ones? Looks cool though.

How much were these? I hate clicking on Paypal just to find out :D

Is it a kit or just the PCB?

I think the object of the design was to get the whole thing really tiny. Digi made them the same size as his LM3886 amp boards. I believe that they are only available as boards, not a kit.

You will need a pair for each channel. I meant to say earlier that I have 4 boards. I can't remember what I paid for them. They weren't expensive.

But don't ask me, ask Digi! ;)

CarlosT said:

Minion if it's easy...yeah...bring it on!

Hi,Yes this is an easy PSU and I have bulit several of these for many different projects as the designs can be easilly changed for different projects ,this one is actially a modified version of the PSU used for the "Green Mic Preamp" but with 2x 10,000uF caps added and with the +48v Phantom power removed and a couple extra Holes so you can get access to the +/-26v Unregulated.....

It is a really easy PCB to etch so if you wanted to try this PSU but didn"t want to etch it your self I could etch a couple for you for a small Price.....

Cheers

Attachments

• 15v reg-26v un-reg-psu.gif
    15v reg-26v un-reg-psu.gif
    81 KB · Views: 366
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.