Upgrading My SMPS For Audio Use

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2002
Paid Member
I now have the schematic for the SMPS in my DVD player and I'm forming a plan to upgrade it for audio use. My first step is to upgrade the specific part of the PS that powers the audio board within this player. Here's a look at the circuit:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Working from left to right. Diodes D928/929 are 1A/600v with a 150nS recovery time. I would like to replace them with Fairchild's 4A/600V Stealth diodes.

C928/929 are going to be replaced by some good quailty audio caps such as the Rubycon ZL's.

For the IC97/98 Lars Clausen has come up with some new regulators that have really impressed me. I'm going to replace these regulators with his UWB regulator. Read his specs! His new regulators specifically target SMPS. Please note that his 79xx negative version won't be available for another 30 days.

And finally, I going to replace C931/932 with some sort of non-polar Blackgate.

I have to go to bed now so more later!

Regards,
Dan

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.