12v=19v 4,7A dcdc

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I chose the MTP75N06 because it has only 9mW Rds(on), can pass 75A thru its drain, and I had alot of them lying around. I also had the SMT version of them, if I wanted to downsize the circuit.

When switch S1 is closed, V(out) is ~16V, and when it is open, V(out) is ~20V. Guy I did it for needed compatibility with both his laptops.

Schottkys should be fine, especially for the output rectifiers because of their lower forward voltage drop (very important for high-current outputs). A while ago, I found some Schottkys with a 200PIV rating. :D A couple of years ago, I had heard of some 600V Schottkys, but nothing since.

Gen-Set Update

I took some pics of my working Gen-Set yesterday and will upload them later today ot tonight. Sorry, no videos, just still pics. Also have another project I finished about a month ago: Took some old car audio components and made a "home" system out of them.

I'm not sure which is more impressive, the system components, or the cabinet they went into. Had LOTS of help from neighbor who has a good woodworking shop. Will look for the appropriate thread to post it to, and advise accordingly.

Here are some pics of the Gen-Set.

1) Finished Gen-set

Attachments

• finished gen-set (676 x 507).jpg
    finished gen-set (676 x 507).jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 714
3) DC Output Posts and alternator light (kinda low-tech, but it works!) The left switch is the alternator field's on/off switch, and the right switch starts, stops, and runs the engine. The inverter can be switched on and off independently of the alternator and engine, thus yielding totally silent power (minus the inverter fan's noise).

Attachments

• dc output & alt light (676 x 507).jpg
    dc output & alt light (676 x 507).jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 617
6) The Engine: a Briggs & Stratton 6HP OHV vertical-shaft with electric- and pull-start. It has a 0.5A "alternator" coil to recharge the starter battery. Of course it is disconnected in favor of the slightly higher-output Delco. :D

Attachments

• engine (512 x 384).jpg
    engine (512 x 384).jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 474
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.