13.8V 10A Smps [Test ok]

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
luka said:
Are you talking about normal 50Hz transformer? I did want to know for SMPS, where would be pointless to put 2k turns on primary. For normal(50Hz) I know how to calc. coz I did build one myself.

Yes, U are right, it's for 50/60 Hz. If for smps, 30KHz switching freq., the primary standing voltage for 220 rectified DC, the core area 10mm square, the turn should be 0.8 X DC supplied voltage, and the secondary is in terms of winding ratio from primary to secondary.

But one point must bear in mind, for 30KHz freq., the tranny is very easily to arching between coils, good insulation is a must, otherwise arching, sparking will takes place, never reuse copper wire for switching transformer.

Thanks Mitwrong
Ur idea is very useful to me.If u can pls let me know the DRIVER TRANSFORMER construction details?Becoz Current sense section(windings) included in Driver Transformer in this circuit.(As i understood).If u have any Idea about that pls let me know
Thanks
Regards
DHanuka

Dhanukak:
The info. I provided was the past experience when I was worked in a SMPS manufacturer. The unit was employed PWM by TL494. The cct was designed in the States, I was the one wants to know everything, That's why I counted the turns inside the ferrite.
The output voltage was controlled via an optic coupler back to TL494 from one of the secondary winding.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.