Very basic: 22V to 12V AC

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The picture in the link you have provided shows an onboard power supply, made of the rectifier, capacitor (the big blue thing) and regulator (mounted on a heatsink). As I said earlier, you should use an LM338 to build a voltage drop regulator. The +output of the LM338 regulator must be connected to the +pin (plus) of the big blue capacitor whereas the -output of the LM338 (ground) must be connected to the -pin (minus) of the blue capacitor. This is the simplest way to do it. Otherwise, you would have to use a non-standard transformer to reduce 22V to 12V AC, which complicates things considerably.

Regards,
Milan

moamps said:
The picture in the link you have provided shows an onboard power supply, made of the rectifier, capacitor (the big blue thing) and regulator (mounted on a heatsink). As I said earlier, you should use an LM338 to build a voltage drop regulator. The +output of the LM338 regulator must be connected to the +pin (plus) of the big blue capacitor whereas the -output of the LM338 (ground) must be connected to the -pin (minus) of the blue capacitor. This is the simplest way to do it. Otherwise, you would have to use a non-standard transformer to reduce 22V to 12V AC, which complicates things considerably.

Regards,
Milan

Ok I think I got it. Please check if i got the resistor values right.
As I see you are from Croatia, LM338 is expensive could you suggest a replacement from Chipoteka :D

Is LM350T ok ?

Attachments

• reg.jpg
    reg.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 183
moamps said:
Can you please tell me what's written on the blue capacitor re capacity and rated voltage? What's the spec written on the regulator?

As the kit hasn’t arrived yet, all the info I have are those pics. I asked what is the regulator onboard, but they answered only, it's ok to use 22V check the heatsink. I will upgrade the cap to 50V kind, and check the regulator can handle the 22*1,41=31V voltage. Do I need to check anything else ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.