About Jung super regulator - Page 11 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Power Supplies

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 22nd December 2006, 06:22 PM   #101
mr.duck is offline mr.duck  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Jan, you were someone with mystery about them because I think a lot of people were not even sure of your gender. It would have been better to keep a lid on it to keep us wondering
Old 23rd December 2006, 02:50 AM   #102
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to mitwrong Send a message via MSN to mitwrong Send a message via Yahoo to mitwrong
Quote:
Originally posted by janneman

Mitwrong,

Yeah I know, in the States 'Jan' is often used as a shortcut for 'Janet', hence female.

OTOH, what has my sex to do with audio engineering arguments???

Jan Didden
Mr. Jan Didden:

I think not only myself wonder about this question! From this title I raised up, a lot of response from the others. That means not only myself have a question on it.

As an engineer, it doesn't matter what gender is, as long as he is capable of doing the job. Indeed, you are not only capable, Just superior and outstanding, from the info and knowledge came out of you, I think you are a professor, your understanding of theory and circuitry is incredible. I think everybody agree with me.

Back to title, in Asia, Jan can stand for Jane or Janet, also from the way you " teaches " us, very detail, like my primary lady teacher, thus may mislead us that you are a lady.

Now, All cookies are cleared, there will be no more embarrassing.

Wish everybody Merry Xmas and happy new year.
Old 23rd December 2006, 09:42 AM   #103
diyAudio Member

In countries like Holland and Sweden, it is quite obvious that Jan is a proper name and a male name. Simliarly, it is probably (almost) just as obvious in english speaking countries that it is an abbreviation of a female name. I wouldn't be the least surprised if there are languages where it is an abbreviation of male names etc.

The sensmorale is that it is very dangerous to make assumptions about names between countries and between languages. What is obvious in one country is just as obviously not the case in another country. Even worse, names that are common and normal in one country might even be considered an offense in another country. I know a swedish guy who had middle name that is quite common here in Sweden. When applying for an american drivers license he asked if it was possible to have only a middle initial instead of the full middle name in the license. They said it was against the rules, but after telling them what his middle name was, they blushed and allowed him to use only the initial. (Since I don't want to end up in the sin bin in christmas time, I will not tell what his name was. ).
Old 6th August 2009, 07:50 PM   #104
diyAudio Member

Default Go back to regulator

Hi Gentleman
Somebody may help me to negative version of II-1997 regulator? About Vdc pin
Thanks a lot
Stefano
Old 3rd February 2013, 07:56 PM   #105
diyAudio Member

Default Question about Jung super regulator

Hello,

i have a couple of questions regarding Jung super regulator - more specifically, the circuit attached, from this post:

1. I understand that zener D2 is there to keep the output of the opamp well below its positive supply, but is it necessary to use a voltage drop equal to the reference voltage? Wouldn't a LED (1.9 V drop) be sufficient and less noisy?

2. If the reference (D5) was biased with a CCS insted of R8, would this reduce noise level? Has anybody tried it?

Thanks...
Attached Images
File Type: png jung-regulator-2000.png (39.9 KB, 330 views)

Last edited by gdmn1973; 3rd February 2013 at 08:06 PM.
Old 5th February 2013, 07:50 AM   #106
diyAudio Member

ZD2 is there to ensure startup and needs to be that amount of voltage drop for the circuit to start because the op amp is powered by the output.

I've used CCS to power the reference diode. I haven't tested it for noise.
Old 5th February 2013, 11:17 PM   #107
diyAudio Member

Noise level ??
Have you measure this regulator ? I tried to measure and I still looking for the noise. Its output impedance it's diffucult to measure. I stop my test with few mΩ from 30Hz to 40KHz.
My wife and son love a power amp with this regulator.
Regards
Stefano
Old 4th January 2014, 05:39 PM   #108
Electrons are yellow and more is better!
diyAudio Member

Most of the noise comes from the opamp input noise.
Old 4th January 2014, 10:39 PM   #109
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by peranders View Post
Most of the noise comes from the opamp input noise.
Another point to care.
Thank you Peranders

Hide this!Advertise here!