Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.
Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|26th October 2006, 01:12 PM||#1|
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Yorkshire, England
Mesa/Boogie Bass 400 clone PSU specs
I'm putting together a parts order for a power supply which is going to be used for a clone of the Mesa/Boogie Bass 400 guitar preamp section only:
Pre and power amp schematic
DIYaudio user zafira1981 has re-drawn the schematic here.
A few questions:
1. On the original service schematic, there appears to be a bank of caps (marked "220uf 300VDC TEN TOTAL") - can anyone suggest a cheap UK source for a suitable batch of caps, perhaps new old stock? Farnell price would be £20+ for these so it may be possible to save a bit of money if someone can suggest an alternative supplier.
2. What spec does the filter choke need to be? The original schematic seems to say "ORG"?
3. Some of the capacitor sizes seem very difficult to find. Would the following replacements be suitable?
- instead of the 40uF caps after the choke, how about 47uF/400V.
- instead of the 30/500 on the final RC, would 33uF/450V be sufficient?
4. I'm having difficulty sourcing a 220-0-220 transformer (240V primary). Power rating only needs to be enough for 2x 12AX7 since it won't be running the 6L6 as in the original Bass 400. Any suggestions?
Any help is much appreciated.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Mesa boogie||odem81||Instruments and Amps||15||18th April 2010 01:00 AM|
|Mesa Boogie DIY!||Gabster||Instruments and Amps||21||17th April 2010 09:18 PM|
|Mesa/Boogie Bass 400 psu||Greg3333||Instruments and Amps||10||21st February 2010 09:08 PM|
|Mesa Boogie bass amp quiet||mekaiver||Instruments and Amps||15||12th July 2009 06:56 PM|
|Mesa Boogie Mark IV||azira||Instruments and Amps||7||13th December 2003 02:53 AM|
|New To Site?||Need Help?|