EDN article

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Greetings world-wide friends,

EDN magazine has published an article I authored regarding switch-mode power supplies. It is in the current issue, 12 Oct 2006, access via the following link:

http://www.edn.com/article/CA6378091.html

I hope you find the article helpful, as it addresses a long-standing problem. If you've struggled with noise in peak current mode controlled dc-dc converters (UC3842 family, or equivalent), this article offers a solution. I wish I had thought of it 22 years ago when peak current mode control came out. Oh well. I welcome any feedback including constructive criticism. Best regards.

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2005
Nice article Claude! Thanks for posting a link to it. Some of the switching supplies used in products where I work exhibit that PWM jitter with a current sense resitor in place but look better when the current sense resistor is shorted out. Now I know to look for the location of the current sense resistor to see if that's causing the problem.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.