PSU using TDA2040 ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello All. :wave:

I found the following cicuit which I would like to use.

Could a power amp such as TDA2040 [ or 2030/2050 ] be used?

Or can anyone suggest an alternative opamp?

thanks.

Andy

Attachments

• psujpg.jpg
    psujpg.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 293
steinchen said:
more than 20V across the regulators will produce a huge amount of heat, I'd rather pick a transformer with 18V secondaries, 3V across the regs is sufficient

how many amps does your TDA2040 amp draw ?

Hi.
To avoid confusion...

I intend to use the psu to provide +-12v at about 0.25 - 0.5a max and in single end mode +5v at 0.35A.

I have a stack of the TDA2040 chips and as they basically are a form of op-amp, could they be used in place of the power opamp in the diagram?

I have been told that this type of psu gives low noise - true?

Transformer voltages, preregulators will be adjusted accordingly.

Andy

Which PSU should I buy

I recently blew my Vox Pathfinder 15r transformer - I am using the tda2040 - and from what I am reading I should use a 12-0-12 40Va, to get +/- 17v - the problem is I have very little idea what that means, and I would like to buy the right (not to expensive) PSU for the amp. Anyone have a link for me in the UK - either on ebay.co.uk (like this one 48Va:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2A-Second...al_Components_Supplies_ET&hash=item3a614d8910

or is one of these the right one?:

Your Search Results | Farnell United Kingdom | Results

Thank you in advance for any help, I realize I should have left it to a professional - it's just that I got the amp for 40GBP, and the repair would ammount to more...

Best regards to all,

JJ

Oh this is my first post so Hi everyone!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.