Swapping an A/C Adapter

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Most of my stomp pedals are daisy chained off of the Boss PSA120T A/C Adapter. Trouble is, I have the Electro Harmonix Small Clone Chorus which uses a different power jack.

What I'd like to do is replace the power jack on the Chorus with a Radio Shack "M" female jack so that the Boss A/C Adapter will plug into it.

I'm not certain if the difference in VDC and/or mA would cause a problem, and if it would, how would I compensate for it?

The Boss A/C Adapter is rated at 9V DC 500mA

The Electro Harmonix A/C Adapter is rated at 9.6V DC 200mA

I popped the hood of the Chorus and there is a resistor connecting from one of the terminals of the power jack lug (ground) directly to the circuit board. Do I need to change the value of the resistor in order to use the Boss A/C Adapter?

If it'll help, here's a link to the schematic:

www.tonepad.com/getFileInfo.asp?id=97

Thanks

Thanks Eva.

I need a little help. I wired the coaxial power jack up but didn't get power. This is my first time using a coaxial jack, so I might have the lugs mixed up.

There are 3 lugs - Center Pin, Shell and another that I don't know the name of. Which is which (+, -, ?) ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.