power supply sulzer-borbely

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi everybody,
i would like to know the best opamp for ps sulzer-borbely. i have 32v unreg. on vss+ and i want 24v reg. i don't use lm317 because i don't have enough difference voltage between my input and output, i think. thank you!!

Attachments

• sulzer-borbely-regulator.png
    sulzer-borbely-regulator.png
    9.1 KB · Views: 3,526
I want only make test in phono preamp, line preamp and my analog circuit cd player because i use 78XX. As i wrote i have 32V. unreg. for PS phono and line preamp but i have 24V. reg for my 2 circuits. My PCB for this PS circuit is already design. I think used the AD817/DIP8. Can i use it this opamp?thank you!!

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
maxpou said:
I want only make test in phono preamp, line preamp and my analog circuit cd player because i use 78XX. As i wrote i have 32V. unreg. for PS phono and line preamp but i have 24V. reg for my 2 circuits. My PCB for this PS circuit is already design. I think used the AD817/DIP8. Can i use it this opamp?thank you!!

If you supply the opamp from the regulated output voltage rather than the unregulated input voltage, the improvement is more than you can do with any opamp swap - and is basically free.

You really should read the super reg threads.

Jan Didden

janneman said:
If you supply the opamp from the regulated output voltage rather than the unregulated input voltage, the improvement is more than you can do with any opamp swap - and is basically free.

Jan Didden

It's no improvement at all IMHO.
All those super-duper high-speed opamps is asking for trouble.
:smash:
:bs:

janneman said:

The thing is that only some opamps will start if you do that unless you add some "trick", one of them can be found in the mentioned threads.

In that schematic, the LM317 is set up to force the pass transistor to work at a fixed Vce of 1.25*(1000+825)/1000=2.28V. You can imagine it as an "active cascode". Knowing bipolar transistor behaviour at low Vce levels, I don't think that such a low Vce can provide any advantage, 5V would seem more reasonable.

hi, i send you the schematic and pcb with the modification for supply of IC1. please i would to know if it's correct or i can have problem.
IC1:AD817
D1,D2: BY255
C1,C2,C7,C11: WIMA MKP10 .01
C3,C4,C5,C6: NICHICON FW 4700UF
Q1: D44H11
C8,C9: 47UF ELNA CERAFINE
C10: 100UF ELNA CERAFINE
D3,D4: 1N4148
D5: LM329

I TRY LM317 AS JUNG LATER

Attachments

• ps schematic.png
    ps schematic.png
    3.7 KB · Views: 1,822
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.