Ground isolation network / power switch wiring

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,

I was looking at the suggested power supply schematic for the UcD modules, and I have some questions.

The first is about the power switch. When using a DPDT switch, why are the hot and neutral lines separately switched. What benefit would this have to having the neutral always connected, and wiring the 2 poles in parallel through the hot line, thus dividing the current the amp draws between the 2 poles. I have wired my amp with 2 poles switching the hot line, and am wondering if I should have done it differently.

My other question is about the "ground isolation network". That is, the jazz between earth ground and signal ground. Would anyone care to explain just what this is doing and how it works? I have earth ground connected to only my chassis, completely isolated from everything else, however when I get an electrostatic shock from the chassis (I live in a area with quite dry air), it is audible through my speakers. Any chance that this isolation network will reduce this?

If this isolation network will not do anything to help the audibility of electrostatic shocks, is there anything I can do about it?

Thanks for reading and thanks to anyone who can help.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.