SMPS Transformer Turns Equations Help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I am planning to make an SMPS for my new ampilfier. It requires a power supply of +-20 V 10A (rms). I would like to know the equations for Calculating
1. the number of turns in primary/Secondary

2. the guage of wire to be used.

I intend to use 230V ac (rectified) as input. It would be of great help if somebody could post the equations.

Thanks in Advance,

Venki.:D

Turns Ratio

Venki,

Here is a laundry-list of books I regularly recommend to members asking questions about SMPS design in general, or specific ones about the different sections of a Switcher:

1) High Frequency Switching Power Supply Design - Geo. Chryssis (c) 1989 (Don't know ISBN) :confused:

2) Power Supply Cookbook (EDN Series for Design Engineers)
by Marty Brown; 2nd edition May 2001 ISBN: 075067329X

3) Switchmode Power Supply Design - Abraham I. Pressman (Don't know year or ISBN) :confused:

Chryssis' book is, perhaps the best on transformer design. He includes design procedures for both Forward and Flyback topologies. I have used his procedure to design many SMPSs with great success! :cool:

Hope this helps!

Steve :D :cool:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.