I Need 24 To 220 Volt Converter

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I don't know of any published schematic for that kind of converter in internet, except those from 1970's including a bulky 50hz transformer and 2N3055 transistors, but these are quite far from practical nowadays.

On the other hand, developing such a converter from scratch is going to take you a whole lot of time and effort (and money if you don't already have the required test equipment and electronic components). So if you want the problem to be solved quickly, you may consider buying one of these cheap ready-made chinese converters, they tend to blow themselves from time to time when the load is not purely resistive but they do their job quite well otherwise (some models may be modified to be a bit more reliable).

Shall you decide to develop your own converter, the basic topology would include a push-pull DC-DC stage to boost 24V DC into approx 350V DC (several transformers and switching devices in paralell are required for 1200W output), and then the simplest and most common way to convert those 350V DC into 220V AC is a H bridge whose duty cycle is continuously adjusted to provide 220V RMS and zero offset, despite the higher peak voltage. Finally, a combined common-mode and differential-mode filter would attenuate voltage spikes from the H bridge and prevent destructive current spikes caused by capacitive loads if properly designed.

Note that dealing with 350V DC involves some risks, including severe injury and death, so you should definitely avoid that kind of experimentation if you don't already have some experience in that field.

24v to 220

please this is quite fascinating but from my reseach I have ot seen anybody on this providing this circuit
what I could advise you to download pwm data sheets ie for
2] sg 3524,sg 3525,and sg3527 then try to find out on how to operate them at 50/60hz and let them drive some sets of fets such as irfz44v,irfp50N06 etc and this should be in a position to solve your problem.

E,
For what it's worth. Inverters are very common here in Kuwait and in Baghdad.

24 volt input ones are not so common.

This is a case where buying is a lot cheaper than building.

Ive spotted factory built ones someplace recently.

What the troopers usually do is hook the inverter to vehicle ground and the center point of the two batteries. That gives them the 12 volt input.

As for the 220 output they are here in country. If your totally desperate, I can get one for you. Lots of places in the Faheel district carry them.

Much luck

Jack Crow in Kuwait

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.