Bridge Rectifier question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The Bridge Rectifier in the power supply of my Marantz amp is physically damaged. It's a square shaped part from Shindengen, 200V, 4 amp.

Could someone with more knowledge than me tell me if I have to replace it with the exact same value? I see for example that Radio Shack have a 200V 6 amp rectifier. I just want to put something in the circuit to see if it will work.

Regards
Alan

Probably my fault

Well...I'm embarrassed to say that at one time I took the two large caps out of the board and then replaced them..don't ask...and at that time I knew nothing about polarisation. So if I had them in the wrong way could that have damaged the rectifier?
I'm taking baby steps here;)

Schematic attached.

Regards
Alan

Attachments

• damagedbridgerectifier.jpg
    damagedbridgerectifier.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 287
Well,

I won't ask then... you are on the right track. I know the bigger caps opened up your soundstage and gave you fast bass...........................................................................................................................

If the polarity was wrong... it may take 20 minutes or more but he caps would have exploded! You would have known!

This could be just a simple rectifier problem... but you should look for other problems first...

Ping :king:anatech, he is an amplifier doctor of many years.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.