desing +/- 70v 5A power supply

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

regulated won't works, the sec voltage of the trafo is too low, you may need 2*60-70V for that. Anyway regulated voltage is not needed to feed an amp in most cases.

So you need a 25A graetz-bridge, and two 10000uF/80V cap. That's all.

Using more capacitance reduces voltage ripple. On the other hand, using more capacitors of a smaller value (yielding the same total capacitance) may sometimes improve performance if the combination produces less ESR and ESL (equivalent series resistance and inductance) or features a higher total ripple current rating in comparison with a single capacitor.

is this a good desing of power supply for power amp?
is too big the capacitance of caps than the only 10000uf ?
anything changes in this desing?
i need help

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 749
if it is a Class D amplifier then i believe that you need a very very solid power rail supplying it....so you will need a power supply that can give you +/-70V with no more than say 300mV maximum undershoot or overshoot after a no-load to full-load transient and full-load to no-load transient.

if its class d then theres no way itll be drawing 5A continuously.

However, as mentioned class d needs well regulated rails with little over/undershoot, so you will need more than what your trafo can give, as the other contributors said.

.....see my simulation of a class d amplifier in the class d forum to see how the class d draws power..posted today

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.