schematic for a + -30v ,300va smps - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Power Supplies

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Closed Thread

Old 4th January 2006, 11:54 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

does anyone have schematic for a + -30v ,300va smps

Old 4th January 2006, 01:15 PM   #2
Did it Himself
diyAudio Member

sound.au.com Projects section

Old 4th January 2006, 01:34 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

i have already made that one .its working great in my car

i want a mains smps schematic, + -30v,300va i.e input is 220v ac,o/p is + -30v for power amp.googled but zilch.

Old 4th January 2006, 01:42 PM   #4
Eva is offline Eva  Spain
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to Eva
I'm just curious: Why do you need conventional 50Hz transformers when you have built SMPS that can be extended to provide these outputs?

Old 4th January 2006, 01:42 PM   #5
Did it Himself
diyAudio Member

Basically you run the control circuitry off e.g. a 12V little transformer, then rectify the mains to give you a DC rail to connect your SMPS transformer primary to. Adjust SMPS transformer pri:sec ratio to suit.

I believe further discussion on these forums is prohibited due to the lethal voltages involved. If you can't make instant sense of the above scheme then DO NOT ATTEMPT IT YOU WILL LIKELY DIE DUE TO VERY HIGH DC VOLTAGES

Old 4th January 2006, 02:01 PM   #6
diyAudio Moderator

Thanks Richie!

Sagarverma, please don't hijack threads. I'm splitting this off on it's own.
Rick: Oh Cliff / Sometimes it must be difficult not to feel as if / You really are a cliff / when fascists keep trying to push you over it! / Are they the lemmings / Or are you, Cliff? / Or are you Cliff?

Old 4th January 2006, 02:13 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by richie00boy
Basically you run the control circuitry off e.g. a 12V little transformer, then rectify the mains to give you a DC rail to connect your SMPS transformer primary to. Adjust SMPS transformer pri:sec ratio to suit.

I believe further discussion on these forums is prohibited due to the lethal voltages involved. If you can't make instant sense of the above scheme then DO NOT ATTEMPT IT YOU WILL LIKELY DIE DUE TO VERY HIGH DC VOLTAGES
this is exactly what i had in mind(but not the dying thing,i use adequate safety[more safety] after a heart breaking accident).
will it work?have u tried it(in any design of smps)?
PFC circuit will also be required for mains,how to include it?

Quote:
Sagarverma, please don't hijack threads. I'm splitting this off on it's own.
hey,cops r here

Sagar

Old 4th January 2006, 02:42 PM   #8
Did it Himself
diyAudio Member

Of course it works, that's how it's done commercially PFC is not required for such a small VA.

IMO for such a small VA I would just use a conventional linear supply, much safer and easier to get working and probably no bigger/heavier.

Old 4th January 2006, 02:44 PM   #9
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by sagarverma
hey,cops r here
Have you never seen the movie, Minority Report?
Rick: Oh Cliff / Sometimes it must be difficult not to feel as if / You really are a cliff / when fascists keep trying to push you over it! / Are they the lemmings / Or are you, Cliff? / Or are you Cliff?

Old 4th January 2006, 04:08 PM   #10
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by richie00boy
Of course it works, that's how it's done commercially PFC is not required for such a small VA.

IMO for such a small VA I would just use a conventional linear supply, much safer and easier to get working and probably no bigger/heavier.
is it?i opened up an smps(12v,1amp),it was a telephone charger and had small transformers,tl494,and fast bridge.transformer didnt looked like standard 12-0-12.

cost savings will be great for smps.in my case,almost halved.+weight issues,linear power supply has ugly bulky xformer,very heavy +space savings.
can u suggest suitable core dimensions(torroid),will the same core as of car smps do?any special components that can be included?
any precautios or suggestions?

Quote:
Originally posted by pinkmouse

Have you never seen the movie, Minority Report?
TOMMy,cops forsee,arrive b4 murder

pinkmouse,r u planin same system here.moderators forsee postjacking,they come in n say"hey!u can't post today".

Closed Thread

Hide this!Advertise here!