Modifying this simple regulator

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

I have attached an schematic of a regulator circuit for low level circuits. I have actaully seen on diyaudio circuits similiar with better performance using current sources and remote sensing etc but I cannot for the life of me find them. Damn.

The circuit basically just uses a 10v Zener feed from a load resistor. This could be easy replaced by a CCS and a LM4040 or LM4050. Also an RC filter could be added to further reduce noise. It is current limited to arround 35mA. Personally, I do not like the pass transistor being in common emitter mode (due to poorer transient repronse compared with emitter follower) but I think this will bugger up the protection circuit which is important.

Was thinking of replacing R6 with a J50X current source feed by a RC filter to drop the voltage also. (sure I have seen a design like this but can't find it)

A bootstrap capacitor could also be added.

The circuit passes 1mA through R3 4K7 to drive the pass transistor. I wonder whether this could be replaced by a J50* current source also.

Help apppreciatted

Kevin

Forgot to add the schematic! LOL

Attachments

• reg.jpg
    reg.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 362
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.