Give some suggestions for a SMPS newb?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi guys,

I recently wanted to look into making some simple switching supplies, just for kicks. What I have in mind, for now, is maybe something based on Philip's STARplug, a 12v, ~5A supply seen on most consumer electronic device line lumps. What I want to know is, what kind of sites and books should I be looking into for theory and operation, as well as some schemetics? I tried appealing to Google, but it just got mad at me and spewed a bunch of stuff I can't understand. Is there maybe some FAQs or Wiki's floating around on SMPS that could start me off gently? I'm not too lazy to read, I just want to know what to read.

Thanks a bunch!
eVITAERC

No, its to calculate the core size according to the current and voltage out you want for a spesific input voltage and current.

For voltage refulation you use a vfb curcuit with 2-3 resistors and a pot, or some componentes and a optocoupler.

Take a look at how its done in these schematics:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.